• protecting, operating and enhancing the historic Garde Theatre and its facilities as a central cultural gathering place and educational resource,
• presenting top-quality performing arts and film events,
• fostering community arts organizations,
• providing educational opportunities in and through the arts, and
• strengthening community interaction and vitality.
Programs & Services
The Garde presents the best in performing arts including national Broadway musical tours, international and regional opera, music, dance and special events children’s theater and schooltime performances and film festivals.
Garde facilities are rented by the Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra, Eastern Connecticut Ballet, The Connecticut Lyric Opera, the Miss Connecticut Scholarship Pageant , and other local arts organizations and performing arts schools; for civic events including debates, educational forums, graduations, public speakers and fundraising events for regional non-profits; and, for meetings, conferences, weddings, parties, receptions, and other private uses.
The Garde educates the broader community by offering arts education and participation opportunities. The PACE program – Partners in Arts, Community & Education – strategically links Garde programs and services with schools, educators, parents, and community and social service organizations.