The Garde Arts Center’s mission is to engage our wonderfully diverse region in a variety of the finest performing arts and community programs by creating unique, welcoming, creative and interactive experiences here in our historic facilities that make all of us proud to live and work together.
As a community-supported non-profit organization, the Garde relies on the participation of talented folks who lend their time and skills to meet a variety of needs. We are open to folks with special skills who may be able to help out in very specific projects or in support of specific staff, as well as those who wish to help out during the many performances and events held throughout the year.
Volunteers help the Garde go round and the Garde Arts Center volunteer opportunities are varied and rich. We welcome all members of the New London community and beyond who would like to contribute time and dedication to this historic theater. To learn more about volunteering at the Garde, click here.
Areas of interest
• Performance Volunteers (ushers, ticket takers for Garde performances)
• Food and Beverage Services (concessions, barbacking, special event hosting)
• Box Office Support (assisting box office staff during the day or evening)
• General Office Support (e.g. word processing, folding, stuffing, copying, sorting, filing, etc.)
• Computer Support: (PowerPoint, Excel, data entry, graphics, website)
• Development Assistant (maintaining records, donor thank yous, fundraising assistance, etc.)
• Publicity and Public Relations (getting the word out about Garde news and events, writing, proofreading, flyer distribution, coordinating mailings, contacting groups and businesses, etc.)
• Lobby Displays and Décor
• Facility Maintenance and Preservation (repairs, painting, cleaning and custodial)
• Archives (organizing, preserving, collecting and presenting historic information)
• Data Collection and Analysis (audience surveys, updates, and evaluations)
• Artist Hospitality (providing and/or setting up food, amenities for performing artists and presenters)
Contact House Manager, at (860) 444-4423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garde Maintenance Volunteers
Be part of a crew of skilled folks who help the Garde facilities operate and shine. Variety of tasks, both project-based and ongoing, including work on new facilities, educational spaces, offices and other areas. Contact (860) 444-4401 or email@example.com.